Clare County Habitat for Humanity has an open door policy: All who believe that everyone needs a decent, affordable place to live are welcome to help with the work, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, political views or any other distinctions that too often divide people. In short, Habitat welcomes volunteers and supporters from all back grounds and also serves people in need of decent housing regardless of race or religion. As a matter of policy, Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations do not proselytize. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must either adhere to or convert to a particular faith, or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
Current Board Members are:
Carey Harris-Executive Director.
Carey is in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am- 3 pm and by appointment any other time
she can be reached by phone @989-539-2481 or by cell @586-909-9553. if you need to reach any of the Board members please call the office or e-mail to: email@example.com
Our meeting are held the First Tuesday of each month @ 6:00 pm and public is welcome to attended
at 6:30 PM. Please note we don't have meetings in July or December. We are located at 3157 N. Clare Ave Suite 2, Harrison, MI 48625. The Mailing address is POBOX 756, Harrison, MI 48625.
Our community is full of people who want to help. We work to help the people providing services with the people who need them. Come connect with people in new ways. We are always in need of Volunteers and we could use a couple of new faces on our Board of Directors, we are looking for a couple of people with construction experience. if interested and you have a little time please call us at 989-539-2481.
Applicants are based on the following needs:
1. You will be considered for a Habitat home is Clare County, if your present housing in not adequate, and if you're unable to obtain adequate housing through other conventional means. Lack of adequate housing may include problems with present structure: water, electrical, sewage service systems, heating, or failure to meet city property maintenance standards. Also taken in consideration are the number, ages, and genders of children compared to then number of bedrooms in your current residence.
2. The percentage of your monthly income that you currently spend on housing is considered ti determine need. You will be required to openly and freely, discuss your financial situation.
3. You must currently live in Clare County.
4. You and your family will be considered if your total income ins not over 60% median family income using 2020 figures. House hold must have a minimum income of $1,300 a month. Below is the maximum annual income:
Family Size Gross Yearly Inc.
2. Ability to pay: Since you will actually be buying your home from Clare County Habitat for Humanity, you must demonstrate your ability to pay the monthly mortgage payment. This payment will include not only the mortgage payment, but the payment for real estate taxes and insurance. We will help you determine if this payment will jeopardize your ability to meet all your other family financial obligations and expenses. We can also help you if you need to develop a budget to determine your eligibility.
mortgage + property tax + insurance.
3. Willingness to Participate as a Partner with Clare County Habitat for Humanity.
a. When selected you become a "partner family" in the Habitat movement. You must complete volunteer work, which will be counted toward your total "sweat equity" contributions to be completed before and after becoming a homeowner. Your assistance in constructing your home and the homes of others is called "sweat equity" and may include clearing the lot, painting, helping with construction, providing food for volunteers, or working at Clare County for Humanity's fund raisers. As a partner family, you must complete 200 hours if sweat equity per adult in the home. You family can receive credit for some hours by applying time put in on your behalf.
b. You will be responsible for maintenance and repairs of your home once you have move in.
c. After moving into your home the Family Support of Clare County Habitat for Humanity will maintain an on-going relationship with you. This included financial counseling and household maintenance education.
Clare County Habitat for Humanity is pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity through our the nation. We encourage and support and affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Religion or creed, Sex, Age, Physical or mental disability, Veteran status, Genetic information, Citizenship or National origin or ancestry.
We are an: EQUAL HOUSING LENDER.